Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Regarding the poll: Raws

I've had several inquiries about what kind of quality I'm referring to when I say "low quality", so I'm going to clarify it with this post. They are raws (in Japanese, of course) found on Baidu. I've posted a comparison below of the baidu raws with my raws so you guys can get a better idea of the change. Also, the poll is almost neck in neck with a margin difference in only 7 votes. So I'm going to reset the poll (keeping the old poll in mind). With the votes being so close, it's really hard to make a decision! lol. Anyhow, I really do appreciate your input on this!

Baidu Raw                                       Pandascans Raw

6 comments:

  1. You can't even see what they are fighting about in the LQ scan! xD
    I definitely still would like to read the HQ scans from you! Thank you for your hard work!~♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours are definitely way better and preferable, but I've also made do with a lot worse than the Baidu scans in the past... Ever think about splitting the difference and releasing a text-only translation ahead of the HQ raws that people who can't wait for the good stuff could sort of read&look with the LQ raws? I've seen others do that and it's pretty win-win. And as always, thank you so much for your hard work, this manga always makes my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the image of your raw you posed up pre-cleaned? It seems awfully clean for a raw... That, or you have an amazing scanner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it's hilarious how the new poll is gearing more towards the high quality after this post. Well, I certainly prefer your raws.
    Thanks a lot for the previous chapter, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My scans are not cleaned.. just brightness and level changed, which I do on every scan before cleaning/typsetting. I do have a pretty good scanner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay.. I've change my vote! definitely voted for Pandascans Raw..

    ReplyDelete