Saturday, December 17, 2011

Slight Update.

Okay, so I know everyone's dying for the next chapter. The question on everyone's mind's is 'Who is Aki?!' ... well... yeah.. you're gonna have to wait. LOL. The holidays are seriously kicking my butt. I've got a 3 year old singing Jingle Bells pretty much every 15 minutes, tons of shopping to do, and oh by the way, my husband has volunteered me to make cookies for his company's Christmas Party, as well as his family's get-together. I'm unamused. So yeah, it's going to be a small hiatus until these cursedly cheery holidays are over and done with, and then I can get back to doing what's important... indulging in my hobby. Haha.

On another note, I have decided that after I've finished translating Volume 12, I will be switching to the magazine scans found on Baidu. Volume 13 won't be out until April, and while I really love providing high quality scans, I know I don't have the patience to wait nearly five months for the next chapter to be out, so I can't imagine you avid fans wanting to wait that long either. Secondly, it'll save me the $13 (I know, it's ALOT OF MONEY! lol) I'd spend on the volume. I'm still debating on whether I'll still buy it, or if I want to start setting up paypal donations, or what... I'll have to think more on it... just not now. I also want to bring the series up to speed and current with what's out in Japan. This has really been my ultimate goal with the series, so I'm a bit anxious to get there.

So yeah, that's what's going on. I'm sorry I can't get a release out to you guys as soon as I'd like, but I've seriously got no time with Christmas coming up. I'll try to get the next chapter done by New Years, but I can't guarantee anything! Thanks again, everyone, for your continued support and comments!

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and if there's another holiday I've forgotten, I hope it's a good one for you!

23 comments:

  1. _OH MY __!! ,your married?? wuaa!,i didn't expect that one.. ,anyways,,we understand so we will wait.. (o^^o) i hope you and your family have a great holiday..

    Kuri-chi^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holiday and thanx for the great work \(^O^)/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay, I am very grateful for your work. Enjoy your holidays and take your time!!

    And again, thank you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks For Your Hard Work And
    Merry Chrismas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I am a freaking cookie-making expert (I make cookies for my boss to give his clients), so here are my tips.

    1. Use at least three cookie trays, so there is a rotation - one cooking, one cooling, and one waiting to go in. (I also use a rack for the one cooling)

    2. Use parchment paper to line the cookie tins. The cookies will slide off easily and you can keep using the same paper while you cook.

    3. Use a cookie scoop. It goes much faster and makes the cookie a uniform size.

    4. Make sure you have plenty of space for cooling the cookies. I lay out more parchment paper in sheet on the counter.

    5. If you're making chocolate chip cookies, use two teaspoons of vanilla, not one. Also cook for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. And, for the love of Julia Child, use real butter, not margarine.

    6. Don't double the recipe. It makes sense that it would go faster, but in my experience the taste isn't as good as when I make a single batch.

    You might be a cookie expert too, so if I'm telling you things you already know, my apologies. I just know that I would have really appreciated this info when I first started making large batches of cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't worry, enjoy your holidays!! Thank you for providing these wonderful translations for us and I definitely don't mind reading the lq ones either :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's ok,I really appreciate and grateful for your hard work.
    Anyway have a merry Chrismas and enjoy you're holiday

    ReplyDelete
  8. merry christmas! thanks for providing these great scans!
    i'll be waiting eagerly for the next chapter :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. No sweat. The Yuletide season is always a stressful time of the year so it's no surprise you're busy too. I just hope you and your family have a great holiday. Thanks again for all your work. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh please--don't you worry and enjoy your holidays instead! i'm sure you're pretty busy with everything's going on right now IRL. and i hope you'll have wonderful holidays waiting for you & your family! and yep, thanks so much for the hardworks you've been putting! <3
    and i also i appreciate & support your decisions regarding the future chapters as well.
    & good luck with the cookies hehe~ have a great time! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry christmas !!

    Iluvyou Panda-sama !! You make such great works !
    Keep going ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your holiday and have a very merry christmas! :D Thanks for all your hard work and get some good rest! 5 months of waiting would be unbearable so I'm happy about your decision regarding future chapters <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha no worries I TOTALLY understand what it's like to be busy during the Christmas season. We'll all gladly wait for any release. Hope you have a Merry Christmas! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, I hope you get to enjoy your holidays between all the stress. Thanks for giving us this update, it's always nice to know what's going on with scanlators. XD
    Oh, and I'm totally cool with you using the mag scans for vol 13, especially if it isn't coming out till April and you have to pay for it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay yay yay yaaaaaaaayyyyy the next chapters coming out soon thank you so much!!!!! He he;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you have a merry Christmas and a happy new year. I got the first five English volumes of Oresama Teacher for Christmas. Thanks to your scanlations for exposing me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Holidays and we understand your situation. The holidays tend to take up a lot of time. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey... are you sure you couldn't do with a hand with the mechanics? I really like coin laundry no onna if the next episode is waiting on something I could be an assistant for like cleaning, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  19. $13 US?? Manga volumes are only about 400 yen in japan, which is around $5 US...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, but there's also shipping costs. That usually hikes it up to have it shipped from Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Anonymous manga price skeptic. It is definitely around that price per book if you have to ship from Japan and if you go to a Japanese bookstore (if that's even available in your own city), there is almost always a price mark-up. If you live in a small city where Japanese book stores aren't available, then you have to ship and order from them and by then it is definitely almost 15 bucks by then. So spare us the, it's only 5 bucks in the US *eye roll*

    Thanks to Panda Scans for bringing us scanlations of Oresama Teacher! Just my two cents, but I think it's a great idea that you use the scans from baidu. I'm not much of a stickler for high quality or low quality scans as long as I can basically see what's going on. I'd much rather be caught up with current chapters rather than wait four more months because of raw quality. Anyway, those were just my thoughts and input, I hope you had a great holiday and I look forward to see your next scanlations :)

    ReplyDelete