Sunday, November 18, 2012

Seriously can't catch a break.

Bad news, guys.  My computer hard drive decided to rebel against me.  I came home from a day out last week and noticed my computer had restarted while I was gone (I always keep it on).  When I tried to do something on the computer, it completely choked.  I couldn't open any files, open any programs, or even get on the internet.  My husband, who is an IT professional looked at my computer when he got home from work and delivered the news that my hard drive was failing.  Sigh.  So, we ordered a new hard drive and it just arrived.  He installed it today and my computer is up and running again.  However, I have to reinstall all of my editing programs.  I also have to look through all of the documents that were copied over from the failing hard drive and see if there's been anything corrupted, etc.  Anyway, short story of it is, the next release will be delayed even more now because I need to recover everything.  So please, please be patient.  On top of everything else, I've come down with a pretty bad case of strep throat.  I won't go into the gross details, but it's bad.  And if that wasn't enough, Thanksgiving is this week and I'll be leaving to visit family the following week.  I'm going to do my best to get as much as I can restored before Thanksgiving, so wish me luck that what I did have done before the crash is salvageable.

7 comments:

  1. Sad news. I hope you get to feeling better. Good luck with the recovery efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to feeling better! I will be waiting for my Oresama Teacher! Please Update during Thanksgiving and I really hope you get to feeling better. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! The stars are clearly 'not in position' (ref kids film 'The Road to El Dorado). Odd how both good and bad things seem to come in clumps. Been discovering some older manga in the meantime, and Yamada-Kun is usually pretty funny. Perhaps us fans could chat about other manga for a bit... knowing even if we have a wait we'll enjoy OT all the more when it comes... and I do enjoy your translations. Take care: vitamin C, yakult, a bit of me time (if you're lucky!) whatever works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops now that sucks ^ ^ I guess its a good chance to rest too ^ ^ Yup goodluck i hope the hardrive contents can still be save it will be awesome to see it before the holidays. but if things can't be helped i can still wait no problem Lol~ have a great thanksgiving too ^ ^

    -Kusogaki

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thats really bad, i'm sorry to hear that.
    I hope the problems will be solved soon and your finished work can be restored ): also i wish you good luck and fast recovering too. hopefully you'll feel better soon.
    Hang in there! we're so grateful that you're even still working hard after all that happened. please don't mind and i'll be cheering you on! fighting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sad to hear it, but of course take your time. I can't wait reading what will happen in Ojikoi, but I guess I'm checking my patience and it seems fine:) So come back to us with delicious release;)

    Take care.
    Greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like alot of excuses to me.

    ReplyDelete